MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying along side one another. MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten.
The Basic Principles of a MOPS Group:
- Welcoming to all Women: We've all been placed in this time and place in history, as the tribe of women who are raising the world. And the beauty of it is that we don't all have to agree with one another but everyone is in and we all need each other.
- Mentoring: Sometimes we need a wise woman who has been there and done that to bounce ideas off of. That's why we love our Mentor moms, they have sage advice and willing ears.
- Leadership Developement: You have the ability to do big things. We want to help you gain the confidence to use your voice to change the world.
- Honest Conversation: Realk talk is liberating. It frees us from assumptions that we are alone in our struggles. We value taking a risk and sharing your story in order to heal someone else from their isolation.
- Relevant Teaching: Really, who needs another tutorial on how to make crepe paper flowers? What we provide is mommy friends who get you, hope-filled insight, and speakers who know we've only had three hours of uninterrupted sleep last night so they better keep it interesting.
- Creative Activities: Create, imagine, and actually finish a project. We occasionally like to have something "pinteresty" (Yes, that is a made up word.) to make at our meetings. We all need a little time to indulge in a creative endeavor.
- Childcare: Look, we all love our kids, but let's be honest: a little break now and then makes us want to be with them even more. We provide a preschool-style experience for your kiddos that they will love going back to.
MOPS meets the second Tuesday of every month at 9:30 a.m. Here are the 2016-2017 meeting dates:
- September 13
- October 11
- November 15
- December 13
- January 10
- February 14
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9